Friday, September 25, 2009

Tips, Techniques, & Stuff

Morning/afternoon friends and readers,

I'm back to normal, or as normal as I get. I have just gotten over a huge abscess caused by a broken tooth. I couldn't believe I could see my own cheek without looking in a mirror. I looked like a cross between Alvin the Chipmunk and the Elephant Man, or in my case, woman. Oh the pain! If I hadn't already been married I think I would have proposed to the Doc who gave me the antibiotics and the kick-butt painkillers. Thank you , thank you, thank you! Now I have to get psyched up to go get the darn tooth pulled out. Not fun, not fun at all!

I have been having trouble with knots lately, so I thought I'd share a few knots with you.

Square knot
Figure 1: Bring the left-hand cord over the right-hand cord and around.

Figure 2: Then place right over left and bring it through the loop.


Surgeon's knot
A surgeon's knot is a stronger version of a square knot. Because it has an extra loop-through, the top of the knot curls around the sides.
Begin as a square knot: left over right and around then right over left and through. Go through the loop again, then tighten.

Double half hitch

Before tightening a regular half hitch knot go through the loop again. Then tighten carefully. I hope this will help a few of you to master a few beading knots.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
So what else have I been doing apart from beading and working in the store? I have finally finished reading "The China Study" by T. Colin Campbell, and his son, Thomas M. Campbell II. The Most Comprehensive Study of Nutrition Ever Conducted and the Startling Implications for Diet, Weight Loss and Long-term Health. I would recommend this book to anyone, but don't take my word for it, read the book for yourself. You will be glad you did.

Until next time, have a glorious day!

Rhiannon
aka Lesley

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment