Thursday, February 23, 2012

A Knitting and Crochet Tip for You

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Are you prepared for whatever disaster may come your way. Remember Sandy, remember Katrina, next time your area? Visit our new web site at http://www.doomsdayprepperssource.com for articles, advice, and tips on disaster preparedness and so much more. Be prepared! Free eBook.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I have just recently picked up my knitting needles and crochet hook again. I had forgotten how enjoyable it was creating your own socks, hats, scarves, baby, pet stuff etc. I have two cats and a dog at home that all shed hair and I was needing a way to keep my yarn from getting dirty or covered in hair. I have tried yarn bowls in the past, but they haven't been too successful for me, and it's not feasible to keep the wool inside my project bag as there are too many things for the wool to get hooked up around in there. 


Hmm. What could I use? Then it hit me. All I needed was a ziplock bag large enough for the ball of wool to be able to turn around inside. Put your wool inside the bag and zip it up leaving about an inch unzipped. Pull the working end of the yarn through the opening. Place the bag in the chair beside you. As you knit, the yarn ball turns inside the bag, does not get tangled and stays clean. Oh and the cat can't get to it either!


If you have any tips to add, please leave a comment. :))



Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment