Thursday, April 16, 2009

And Now for Something Completely Different

Hey there, it's me again.

Hands up how many of you have gotten ticked off when trying to wax your thread for beading? I have! I have used bees wax and no end of thread conditioners (you know the ones I mean), but for an eager-to-get-started beader like me, it takes way too long. So, do you say to-heck-with-it, not wax your thread, and risk gtting snarled up, or have you discovered a fix for the problem?

Well just the other day I came across a post by a beader who uses lip balm to condition her thread. BINGO! It works like a dream! Put some lip balm (Chapstick) on your lips and then pull your thread crossways through your lips, coating the thread. Of course I don't recommend threading your needle before you do this! So now you have waxed thread and supersoft lips. Thank you and kudos to the lady who shared this tip (I'm sorry I didn't write down your name).

If any of you have any beading tips you would like to share with my blog readers, please email them to me at psychrainbow1@gmail.com and I'll include them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Jack Russell puppy, Loki, is nine months old on the 19th April, 2009. He is a bundle of energy and sharp as a tack. We are well into his teenage phase and I'm wondering how many years he will be in this particular phase. Grin.

Here's a pic of the little rascal. He loves visitors to our Trading Post in Livingston, Montana, so if you find yourself in the area, be sure to stop in and say Hi.

Don't be put of if he shows his teeth in greeting, it's his smile. He will usually be going "Boing" too.


Weather Report for Montana

There will be snow until June...aaaaaaargh!!!! Don't get me wrong, I love snow, I really do, except when the snow ploughs pile it up where you have to cross the street. If you've never stepped into a mound of snow before, be warned, it's "bleeping" cold! Frozen thighs are best on a chicken.

New Animal Section in our Cafe Press Store

I am pleased to be able to share with you the wildlife art and photography of Montana artist, Jim Heilman. We have added a whole new animals section at http://www.cafepress.com/Psychrainbow1. There are wolves, bears, eagles, elk, horses, and more being added almost daily. Mousepads, notecards, greeting cards, journals, are just a few of the items available. While you are there why not check out our Peace section.

You can visit Jim's web site at: http://www.jheilmanstudios.com/home.html

Until next time, wherever you are, you are supposed to be...well usually. :))


Rhiannon
aka Lesley

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment