Sunday, August 29, 2010

Top Ten Things That Make You Smile

Sitting here, crafting an anklet, I found myself smiling at the Prairie Dogs playing tag across the street. I don't know why, but I decided to make a list of things that warm my heart and make me smile. Here is my top ten:

  1. Family and the thoughtful things they do.
  2. A baby's smile.
  3. My dog, Loki, playing all by himself with his happy face a mirror of fun.
  4. People helping others less fortunate than themselves.
  5. Miracles, both large and small.
  6. Willow trees rustling in the breeze. Their silver-backed leaves shimmering.
  7. Cool, misty rain on a hot day.
  8. Bright yellow Daffodils. Their heads bobbing in the March winds.
  9. Snowflakes on Christmas Eve.
  10. Buying new beads to play with.
Why not make your own list and leave it in the comments at the foot of this post. I'd love to read your top ten.

Featured Artisan...LaMataDesigns

I'd like to introduce you to a very talented Artisan on Artfire.com, LaMataDesigns. LaMata has been writing and creating since she was a child. Her creative talents are in writing, handmade paper beads, polymer clay, cold porcelain, weaving, macrame, and upcycling, to name but a few.

In LaMata's store you will find handmade paper beads, paper bead necklaces, and paper bead bracelets. Each bead has been lovingly wrapped and made by LaMata. I know from my own experience that these beads take time to make properly and I just wish I had her talent for making them!

LaMata says, the creation of paper beads dates back to Victorian times. The women of the house would use wallpaper scraps and roll them around knitting needles to create beads. They would then string them on yarn to create paper bead curtains. 

Today paper beads are used to make purses, jewelry, greeting cards and wall art to name a few. The bead shapes, sizes and colors are endless when creating paper beads, making them a great addition to one of a kind designs. Jewelry pieces made from paper beads are light weight and quite durable making them comfortable to wear for most people. Paper beads are water resistent if sealed properly. The shapes and color possibilities of paper beads are endless making them a great addition to one of a kind designs.


To see some gorgeous paper beads, go check out LaMataDesigns Store and tell her I sent you.

Well, that's all for today folks, until next time,

Let's be crafty out there! Buy Handmade Gifts at Artfire.com!
Cya
Rhiannon
Indian Nations Trading Post at Artfire.com

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment